Most identity theft and fraud is detected by the victim. If you monitor your accounts regularly, you may help stop fraud earlier. Accessing your accounts online – like with PlainsCapital Online Banking or Mobile Banking – is a great way to stay informed. You can also sign up for automatic security alerts, request eStatements, check your credit report annually, and enroll in EZShield®ID Theft Protection.
PlainsCapital will never ask for your personal or financial information – like account numbers or passwords – through unsolicited emails or pop-up windows. Report any unsolicited requests for your PlainsCapital account information by calling 866.762.8392.
Knowing What to Look for Is Half the Battle for Combating Fraud. You May be a Victim if:
- You did not receive an expected bill or statement by mail.
- Unexpected charges occurred on your account.
- There are charges on your account from unrecognized vendors.
- Posted checks appear on your account out of sequence.
- You find new accounts on your credit report that are not yours.
- You receive credit cards that you did not apply for.
- You are denied credit or offered less than favorable credit terms for no reason.
- You get calls from creditors or debt collectors regarding merchandise or services that you did not buy.
If You Think You Have Been a Victim, Report It.
*Some of the links above take you websites that are not within our control nor are we responsible for the contents or absence of content on such websites. We provide you access to these websites as a convenience. By linking to them we do not imply endorsement. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the notices and agreements posted on all websites visited through the use of the links above.