President & Chief Executive Officer
As president and CEO, Mr. Schaffner leads the strategic direction of PlainsCapital Bank and oversees all core banking, lending, and funding activities.
Mr. Schaffner serves on the board of directors for PlainsCapital Bank.
- More than 30 years of experience in banking with expertise in lending
- Named president and CEO of PlainsCapital Bank in November 2010
- Named banking group president in 2004
- Promoted to chief lending officer in 1997
- Joined PlainsCapital in 1988 as a vice president
- Grew the net income of PlainsCapital Bank by 362 percent over 12 years
- Increased PlainsCapital Bank’s loan portfolio by 515 percent over 12 years
- Champion of PlainsCapital’s long-standing commitment to responsible lending practices
- B.B.A. in finance, Texas Tech University
- American Cancer Society volunteer
- Texas Tech University Red Raider Club member
- Texas Bankers Association board member
Every relationship is equally important—regardless of size or longevity. Every customer deserves to receive service beyond expectations.