What Is Mobile Deposit?
With PlainsCapital Bank’s Mobile Deposit, eligible and enrolled customers can deposit checks through our Mobile Banking app.
Who Is Eligible to Use Mobile Deposit?
To be eligible to enroll in Mobile Deposit you must:
- Be a customer with accounts in good standing for at least 90 days.
- Agree to the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions.
- Be an owner or authorized signer on at least one of the following account types:
- Commercial All Access Checking
- Business Interest Checking
- Business Free Checking
- Premier Checking
- Preferred Checking
- Select Checking
- Simply Free Checking
- Golden Checking
- Mavs Checking
- Youth Checking
- Youth Savings
- Money Market
- Have not had more than two overdrafts or insufficient funds instances in the past 180 days on any account.
- Have not had any account charged off.
- Have not had past-due payments in excess of 90 days.
- Have not had a returned deposit item in the last six months.
Do I Need to Download a New App for Mobile Deposit?
The most recent version of the app already has the necessary technology for Mobile Deposit. Once your enrollment request is approved, you will find the Mobile Deposit feature within the PlainsCapital Bank Mobile Banking app.
How Do I Check the Status on My Check?
You can see the status of your check in the “History” menu in the app or in Online Banking.
What Does the Status of My Check Mean?
- Submitted: PlainsCapital has received your check and is reviewing it
- Accepted: PlainsCapital has accepted your check and it will post to your account
- Rejected: PlainsCapital has rejected your check
Why am I Unable to Deposit My Check?
Some reasons why your check may not be accepted through Mobile Deposit are:
- The check has already been submitted
- The type of check is not accepted (see next FAQ)
- Folded or torn corners
- Handwriting is not legible or is not in blue or black ink
- Front image is not legible
- Amount entered does not match the amount on the check
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- Image is too dark or blurry
- Lack of proper signature and/or endorsement
Can I Deposit any Kind of Check Through Mobile Deposit?
PlainsCapital Bank will review the deposit and reserves the right to reject a deposit. Some types of checks will not be accepted in Mobile Deposit. Please refer to the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions for a full list of checks that will not be accepted. That list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Foreign checks
- Check that have been altered
- Returned checks
- Checks previously submitted to another financial institution
- Checks older than six months
- Temporary checks
Where Can I Find More Information about Mobile Deposit?
Please refer to the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions.
What Is the Limit for the Number of Deposits Per Day, Per Account?
There is no limit for the number of deposits per day; however, there is a daily deposit limit of $2,000 per account. Mobile deposits count toward monthly deposited item limitations on some business accounts. For more information, contact your banker.
What Is the Dollar Limit I Can Deposit Per Day for Each Eligible Account?
You may deposit up to $2,000 per day, per account.
What Is the Daily Cut-off Time for Mobile Deposits, and When Will the Funds be Available?
Deposits submitted before 6 p.m. on a business day that we are open will be processed the same day, and approved funds will be available the next business day. However, PlainsCapital does reserve the right to hold funds. For more information, please refer to the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions.
Is There a Fee to Use Mobile Deposit?
There is no fee for Mobile Deposit for PlainsCapital Bank customers. Standard data fees from your mobile provider apply. Per item fees may apply for commercial customers.
What Do I Do If a Deposited Item is Returned?
Do not rescan the original check. Please take the returned items into a branch for redeposit or call 866.762.8392, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for assistance.
What Do I Do with My Checks after I Make a Deposit?
It is recommended that you keep the original checks for 30 days. Store the checks in a secure location, and do not attempt to redeposit them. PlainsCapital may request the original check. After 30 days we recommend that you please write “Void” on the checks and destroy them.
Who Can I Call with Questions?
If you need assistance, we're here to help. Call 866.762.8392 to speak with a customer service representative. We're available to assist you Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.